Tuesday, March 22, 2011

quarter life crisis?

Here's where I'm at, people.

I'm about to turn 24 and I'm not where I want to be!

I don't have a "real" job. A lot of my friends have nabbed a 9-5. I graduated from college and moved back to my hometown and most of my friends have moved to Kansas City at least.

At work I have noticed myself complaining a lot and turning into one of those bitter people that I do not enjoy working with. It's just not the way I am and it's not the way I want to be.

I was talking to a co-worker about my goal to someday find a career where I genuinely looked forward to working. His response?
"Yeah, good luck with that..."

I refuse to adopt that mentality. I know that I have the qualifications, the drive and the ability to do what I want and achieve my goals. Now, if I could just pinpoint exactly where it is that I want to go, I could figure out how to get there. I feel stuck.

All I know is that I'm itchin' to create. I'm achin' to dive in! I am a hard worker and I think it's about time to love and believe in my work since I devote so much to it-- of myself, my time and effort.

And so, here's to dusting off the ol' resume, sprucing it up, and showing the world what I got! Gotta love the job hunt...

No comments:

Post a Comment