Monday, February 7, 2011

better late than never

I've never been good with New Year's resolutions and come to think of it, I've been known to run on "Claire Time" (translation: 5 minutes late) also. But folks, I'm gonna give it a go. I've got a few things up my sleeve and this late in the game & with my track record, instead of resolutions we'll just call them my plans.

I've been obsessing over what this stupid thing looks like all day, completely forgetting that the whole purpose was to write more. I l-o-v-e to write, but I never do it. So, my plan is to commit to writing here more frequently...even if it's just a little somethin'-somethin', I will write and I will do it often.

Another plan, which is so AWESOMELY cliche, is to get myself into shape! I got a gym membership a couple of months ago, but I've been thinking of every excuse in the book not to go--you know how it goes (too busy, too tired, "I'll start tomorrow..."). My sister, Lauren, is a member of the same gym and I would go with her, but she usually goes in the wee hours of the morning when I am still in Snoozetown (excuse). To be honest, for whatever reason I have a lot of anxiety about being unfamiliar with the gym/attending class alone. I was on Facebook yesterday & saw that a friend of my lovely boyfriend goes to the same gym. Long story short, we went to a class today & have plans to go to several more this week. Fingers crossed that I can jump on the fitness bandwagon. During the workout I certainly had moments where I thought I might pass out, but I must admit that I felt pretty dang good afterward. Maybe I can get into this.
Next, I plan to take more photos. This one shouldn't be as difficult to accomplish. I just need to learn to always bring my camera and to spend time learning about it everyday. I would also like to become accustomed to taking shots of everyday happenings and I can't think of a better time to figure out how to do so.


I have a longer list of other little plans, but I'll just leave it at the 3 big dudes for now. Work comes early and my bed is looking mighty comfy. And so, my dearest readers that I don't have, I leave you with a photo of the world's cutest pupster, miss Riley. Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment