Tuesday, February 8, 2011

chugging along

Today was not the best of days. I'll spare you the details, but I will say that the workday was long & very trying. One thing after a-freakin'-nother. I'm usually able to keep my spirits high, but I am not looking forward to going back in the morning. Such is life. Suck it up & get on over it.

On a brighter note, I went to the gym after work. Two days in a row--score!!! Today we gave the step class a try and it was kind of hilarious. 75% of the time I was going the wrong way or was one step behind and the other 25% of the time I stood there completely dumbfounded and lost. I'll give myself a little credit because I was genuinely concerned that I would trip over my step at some point, but I'm proud to say that was not the case. I cannot say the same for the girl in front of me, however. Whoops. The teacher even came up to me to give me some words of encouragement afterwards, which wasn't nearly as mortifying as it sounds. It was actually very sweet. Chipping away at the anxiety...little by little.

So today wasn't the best of days, but I do have some things to look forward to. Thursdays & Fridays are my days off. Val is coming to visit Thursday and Friday is the Quixotic Fusion show & my honey and my roomie return from their mini Texas tour. Saturday after work I'm headed to KC for a fiesta themed girls' night. Keeping my head up. Tomorrow is another (snowy) day and overall, life is pretty dang good y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment